W.A.Fisher Interactive is a Minnesota web design company that specializes in custom web design and development, responsive web design, custom WordPress CMS sites and other PHP based CMS Solutions. We also offer complete hosting and email solutions, web marketing, search engine optimization (SEO) services and other website maintenance services, and we’re located in Virginia, MN. We are open to hiring remotely for the right candidate.
Strong front-end design and backend development skills are important to be successful in this position. The candidate must possess the following skills:
- WordPress custom development and/or other open source and third-party development software
- HTML5/CSS3 Responsive Web Design
- PHP and MySQL
Additional knowledge of the following programs is preferred:
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe InDesign
- Implement website design with HTML/CSS from InDesign and Photoshop files
- Design and develop new websites using WordPress or other open source or third-party development platform and/or WAF’s custom PHP CMS system
- Design, develop and adapt custom themes to support clients’ needs, including the ability to create back-end modules for end-user input in a custom design
- Review and analyze client sites for areas that need to be improved, deleted or revised
- Extend, support, and maintain existing websites
- Find, follow, recommend, and implement general web best-practices that improve site performance and engagement
- Provide clients with search engine optimization (SEO) suggestions and implementations
- Provide assistance and reporting on PPC and other SEM and digital marketing campaigns
- Provide programming and design services for display ads and broadcast emails
- Assist with list management on client email marketing programs, including designing/developing custom email templates
- Travel for sales meetings as required
- Prepare written sitemaps to document scope and architecture of website development projects
- Conduct client communications such as phone calls, meetings and emails to facilitate projects
- Gather required content (text, photos, art) from clients to complete web projects
- Coordinate with teammates to complete work to meet client goals and objectives within agreed budgets and deadlines
- Travel to meetings as required
- Report regularly to management regarding project status, completions, and billings
Management of Hosting & Domains and Renewals:
- Keep accurate records of client hosting accounts
- Secure domain renewals with registrars
- Report regularly to management regarding new and lost accounts and billings
Management of Web Maintenance Tickets:
Compile work summaries for web maintenance tasks.
The Website Designer/Developer will be required to learn the proper use of all computer hardware and software relevant to his/her position.
The WordPress Developer will be required to provide training on proper use of
WordPress templates or other platforms to clients.
- 2-3 years of experience creating WordPress sites from start to finish
- Knowledge of best practices in web development, security, and scalability
- Expert knowledge of WordPress (Plugin/theme development / API)
- Meticulous attention to detail in code and user experience (UX)
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to work either independently or within a team environment
- Organized and deadline oriented
Compensation commensurate with experience.
We’d prefer to hire locally, but we are open to hiring this position remotely.
HOW TO APPLY
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: WA Fisher Company, 123 Chestnut Street, Virginia, MN 55792.