What is responsive design? And why should you care?
Responsive design is one of the latest trends in web design. Basically, it means that your website responds to each device it is being used on. When done correctly, your website will look fantastic for every user on every device – desktop, laptop, tablet or smart phone.
So other than looking pretty, why should your next website be responsive?
- A normal website, when viewed on a mobile device will require users to zoom and scroll to access any information.
- Fingers and thumbs are not as precise as your mouse.
- According to the Pew Research Mobile Technology Fact Sheet, 63% of adult cell owners use their phones to go online.
- Bounce rates for non-responsive websites on mobile tend to be much higher than the bounce rates for desktop views. This means that people tend to leave websites more often without interacting with it on mobile devices than on desktops.
- People want things to be easy. They want to find what they’re looking for easily and quickly. And zooming and scrolling doesn’t tend to be easy.
- Google favors responsive websites over separate mobile websites. Why is this? Separate mobile websites tend to have the same content as the full website but Google sees these as two separate sites with duplicate content… and Google does not like duplicate content.
Want to see how your site looks on mobile devices? Check out: http://mobiletest.me/
Your website is for your users. Why not make it simple for them to get the information they need?
We love doing responsive sites and would love to tackle your next website redesign! Contact us today to get started!